Monday, June 26, 2017

Day 166: Hold Up

I was able to get a decent amount of sleep -- perhaps 7 hours -- after last night's shenanigans.

Although I was now in one of the most expensive places I had ever been, I was still trying to stick to my budget of 30-40 USD per day, but was finding it difficult. Seeing that yesterday I had had a free lunch and made myself breakfast and dinner, I still spent 3 euro on coffee, 8 euro on taxis and trams, 14 euro on accommodation, and about 30 euro at the clubs, for a grand total of about 61 USD, I was ready to slow way, way down on my spending. And so today, to lessen the blow to my bank account from last night, I didn't spend a single euro.

The courtyard of Sandino World Improvement Network
I had sufficient groceries remaining from my visit to the discount grocers, and in the evening I walked to a nearby park to sit on a bench, watch the jets of water from a fountain blow in the breeze, and contemplate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment