Friday, June 16, 2017

Day 157: To Prague

My bus for Prague left 30 minutes later than scheduled, around 1pm and we arrived four hours later. After figuring out public transportation and moving into Hostel Marabou for the weekend, I walked into town half a kilometer and met the two kiwis, Tash and Kade, at their hostel, Brix Hostel.


I had originally thought that they were in Poland for a week, but it turns out they had gone to Prague instead. Their hostel has a bar that's open to the public, but it's essentially just hostel guests and their friends (like me) that frequent it. According to Wikitravel, prices for a half liter of beer should be around 20-35 CZK (0.8-1.5 USD !!!) but a beer at the hostel was a pretty steep 40 koruna. It's the places where beer is cheaper than bottled water that concern me at times.

The kiwis had met a group of Brits at the hostel, and they joined us later. There was a girl from Seattle staying at the hostel who joined us as well. It was nice to chat with a fellow Washingtonian and good times were had all around. Around 2 in the morning we were catching a breath of fresh air outside (at least I was -- others were there for a smoke), when it started to rain and lightning could be seen lighting up the sky. Not much later, I took advantage of a slight pause in the rain to dash back to my own hostel before things got any hairier.

No comments:

Post a Comment