Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Day 148: Meeting Old and New Friends!

I met Jerry in Ohrid, while I was in Macedonia almost exactly two weeks ago. I saw him post a photo with his friend in Barcelona and it made me do a double take! I messaged him and we arranged to meet up near Barceloneta Beach at 8pm.


After a successful rendezvous we walked along the boardwalk until we found some nice stairs to sit on. We ate cherries Jerry had brought with him and watched the locals play volleyball on the beach.

It's great to see you again, Jerry!
Jerry was in Barcelona to visit a friend while en route to Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage path that often begins in Pamplona and ends roughly one month and 800 km later in Galicia. He said he hadn't done any training and had just bought walking shoes the day before, so I wasn't very optimistic of his chances, but they say "with God all things are possible" so I'm waiting to be surprised.

We left for Catalunya Square to meet with Jerry's Friend, Domenica, who is studying here in Barcelona. We went to König, a hamburger place that also serves plenty of Spanish favorites.


We got tapas to share, I got a burger, and we each had two beers. The total only came out to 10 Euros for myself (including my share for tapas), which was a nice surprise for eating at a centrally located restaurant in Barcelona.

Pre-meal, post-tapas
We were able to just catch the final trains back home before they stopped running at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment