Friday, March 17, 2017

Days 63-65: In Lovina

Most of my time in Lovina was spent lounging around Santhika B&B, working on classes, reading, and solving Nikoli puzzles! Nikoli is the Japanese company that was first to publish Sudoku puzzles, but they have plenty of other types of logic puzzles as well. Two of my favorites are Norinori and Nurikabe.

On day 64 I went with a new Polish friend to nearby Banjar Hot Springs.


When I arrived (I was on a scooter, my friend had taken a shuttle bus), it was amidst another downpour and I had the entire hot springs to myself for one brief, glorious moment. The warm water felt great, and the rain combined with the hot springs location in a tropical enclave was a lovely experience. That night, there was a communal dinner at the B&B that was served on giant palm leafs. As part of the "experience" we ate with our hands, taking a little bit of each item from in front of us and molding it into a conglomerate. You're supposed to then use your thumb to shovel it into your mouth, but I was much better at using gravity to drop the food in my mouth and on my shirt.

Bone app the teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment