Saturday, March 11, 2017

Day 61: Back to Padang Bai

My agenda for today entailed checking out of La Boheme Lombok, riding my scooter down to Lombok's southern pier, and catching the ferry to Padang Bai where I would stay for the night.


As is usually the case in Lesser Sundanese Island cities, or anywhere with lots of poorly labeled roads, I was in essence driving blind through Mataram, but I managed to make it to the other side where the highway is a near straight-shot to the pier.

The ferry ride was uneventful, except I made a friend who offered to drive my scooter into Padang Bai with myself as passenger "in case your license is expired, or something". I hadn't realized that they check for license and registration going into Padang Bai as well as out, and the offer was a windfall for me. Safely on the other side of scooter immigration, I located my hostel (I had mistakenly booked a different hostel than last time, Lemon House), washed up, and went to visit my friends on the eastern peninsula again. Only Ketut (the "uncle") was there to greet me, and I had dinner there before turning in for the night.

From La Boheme Lombok that morning...
...to the steps leading up to Lemon House, 125 km away as the scooter and ferry travels

No comments:

Post a Comment