Saturday, March 11, 2017

Day 60: Waterfall Hunting Round 2

I had originally planned to once again spend the day in bed, as resting sounded more appealing than going out to explore the island by myself again. But Abdu (one of the friendly staff at La Boheme Lombok) introduced me to two female Finns who had plans to search for a waterfall further west than I had made it two days ago. Exploring by myself wasn't sufficiently enticing to get me out of bed, but exploring with two new friends was!

All I knew (and I suspect all the Finns knew) was that the waterfall we were looking for was in this area:


After ditching our scooters in a surprise downpour to take cover within a roadside convenience store, we turned south after two hours of driving. The signs pointing to a waterfall ahead told us that we were headed in the right direction. Twenty minutes later we found ourselves taking cover again within a roadside restaurant -- but not before soaking ourselves after one last valiant effort to outpace the storm.


But the food and hot drink were needed, and after taking in the view while waiting for the rain to let up, we turned around and drove back to the hostel.

Mid downpour. The largest waterfall we saw that day is to the right.

The rain has nearly stopped

A stylized version of the above photo
That evening, Abdu showed myself and a Canadian girl the view from a nearby hill, and we watched the sun set.

Bye bye sunshine, until tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment