Sunday, April 2, 2017

Day 83: Kowloon Park

At noon I took a stroll through nearby Kowloon Park.


There were quite a few people there, it being a Saturday. Some groups were there doing a mix of meditation and calisthenics. Others were practicing kung fu, either by themselves or with a friend. Parks in Hong Kong often contain attractions, called "pleasure grounds". Kowloon Park's pleasure grounds included a basin that is home to large birds (like flamingoes and cranes), turtles, and other animal life. There is a separate pleasure ground for an aviary where you can watch more exotic birds go about their bird business.

From Kowloon Park you can walk out on top of the China Ferry Terminal and see a slightly different than usual perspective of the Hong Kong city skyline from across Victoria Harbour.

Hong Kong CBD
Looking the other way, we see Elements (red building) and some massive residential complexes
I wandered around the area north of Kowloon Park for a bit, partially looking for a cafe to rest at, but failed to find a sufficiently cozy one and instead hopped on the MTR back to Hong Kong Central Library again. I was there catching up on this blog until closing time at 9pm. Afterward I went straight back to the hostel where I considered going to bed early until a dozen drunk guys and tipsy ladies showed up to play foosball and engage in drinking games among other mischief. That killed my sleeping plans, but things quieted back down again around 1am at which point I was able to continue my usual langourous sleep schedule for one more night.

No comments:

Post a Comment