Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 101: Shibuya Crossing and Tower Records

I took the Yamanote line to Shibuya station because I wanted to visit the massive record store there, Tower Records. I'm not usually a fan of record stores, partly because they don't really exist anymore in the US, but after the impression idol metal made on me I wanted to see if there were any other niche types of J-pop that I hadn't yet heard of but would enjoy. As soon as I left the station I recognized what I'd heard was the busiest pedestrian crossing in the world, Shibuya Crossing.


Shibuya crossing is a scramble crossing, meaning traffic is stopped in all directions to allow pedestrians to cross in whatever direction is most convenient for them.

View from Shibuya Station 

In the middle of the action
Tower Records is a 5-minute walk north of the intersection. For the most part, the only thing I discovered from exploring the selection of Tower Records is that there is is an overwhelming amount of music artists out there, and I don't like most of them.

Hiromi, my favorite jazz fusion artist on the right! I listened to this collaboration album and didn't like it either.
Although there were an innumerable number of other stores in the area, I didn't feel like visiting any of them in particular and went back to the hostel after visiting Tower Records.

The Times Square of Japan?

No comments:

Post a Comment