Monday, May 29, 2017

Day 138: Recovering

The last few days activities had left me lacking in energy and motivation to explore more of Budapest, so I spent most of the day in the hostel relaxing. I had a month until I flew back to the US, so if I only spent a few days each in Vienna and Prague, and a week in Berlin, then I would need to spend two more weeks in Budapest without an additional destination. Since I had been working on my Spanish, I decided a budget airline flight to Spain was in order. After mulling over whether to fly into Madrid or Barcelona, I decided the beach and culture rich city of Barcelona would do me some good.

The way the flights and accommodation worked out, it was cheapest/most convenient to fly in on a Saturday night and fly out one week later, even though accommodation for Saturday night would cost me 65 euros (dios mío!). Thankfully, Spain isn't typically that expensive, and once the weekend was over I would only have to pay about 20 euros per night. It wasn't until after I had booked everything that I learned that the language of Barcelona is actually Catalan, not Spanish. But since people from many different parts of Spain come to live and work in Barcelona, I would still hear a fair amount of Spanish out on las callas.

No comments:

Post a Comment