Friday, May 26, 2017

Day 134: Leaving Ohrid, Back to Skopje

I was scheduled to leave Ohrid at 5 in the afternoon, so I made the best of my day by buying a 15 MKD (0.25 USD) ice cream cone on my way through the town center before turning towards the Ancient Theatre. 

The streets of Ohrid
There's a restaurant that overlooks the theatre and provides great views of the surrounding area. I ordered a coffee there, and later lunch. Very therapeutic.

 
At five I caught the shuttle bus back to Skopje. I'd already reserved a room at the hostel I had stayed at my first few nights there. The internet had been out for hours by the time I arrived because of a lightning storm earlier that day. Some others from the hostel showed me the non-touristy food venues of Skopje and I got a hearty pastry with cheese and chicken on top for only 35 MKD. I slept around 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment