Friday, May 26, 2017

Day 135: To Budapest

My flight left at 11:50am. There is an airport shuttle from a nearby hotel, but it leaves very infrequently. By 9am I had already missed the next shuttle until 11am, so I had to take a taxi to the airport (700 MKD). That day was a national holiday (Saints Cyril and Methodius Day), so traffic was light and we arrived quickly. The airport is modern and spacious, but almost completely empty. There is only one terminal with approximately five gates. In contrast to the 8 hour bus ride from Belgrade to Skopje, the flight from Skopje, over Belgrade, and to Budapest took less than an hour and a half.

When I arrived in Budapest I was able to change my leftover lei and dinar for Hungarian forint. I had spent my last denar at the airport on a 90 MKD small bottle of water. I had pre-booked a shuttle to the center of the Pest side of Budapest. After finally hunting down Unity Hostel (same name as the place I had stayed in Skopje), I went out in search of food.


My search didn't last long because I only walked one door over for a burger. After lunch I wandered around old town before returning to the hostel for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment