Saturday, January 14, 2017

Day 8: Lumphini Park

I took the ferry and walked through Chinatown to the Hua Lamphong MTS station (subway). I had intentions to see Lumphini Park, then ride the MTS all the way to the end and see Chatuchak park as well as the Chatuchak market (both, I think, the biggest park and market in Bangkok, respectively), but by the time I arrived at Hua Lamphong a fruit smoothie at Too Fast To Sleep sounded too good to pass up and I got off a stop early.

After cooling off at TFTS I explored the campus of nearby Chulalongkorn University. It's green campus was a welcome respite from the busy streets of Bangkok.

A shady spot to read. The high today was over 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
The library
From campus I made my way to Lumphini Park.


By then, it was 17:00 and I was hot and tired. I relaxed by the lake a while before heading back to Sharehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment