Friday, January 13, 2017

Day 7: School Tales

My feet we're still tired, so I went back to my old haunt Too Fast To Sleep to study again. The drinks there are 10-20 baht more expensive than Let's Say Cafe, but you can get street food right outside the doors of TFTS on the cheap.

There was a Thai movie "School Tales" that came out recently that looked so bad I had to see it.


It did not disappoint. The movie had English subtitles, but I think the film would have been better if I hadn't understood what the actors were saying.  My favorite scene occurred near the climax of the film. One of the characters was possessed by an evil spirit and was choking out her best friend. But another student had the bright idea to play the theme from Dvorak's New World Symphony on the flute, which turned into a duet with the evil spirit, which dissipated soon afterwards.

The only other event worth mentioning from today was I overpaid (200-300฿ more than necessary!) for a SIM card with data. If you have an unlocked phone, get your pre-paid data SIM cards from 7-11, not a random vendor at MBK center.

No comments:

Post a Comment