Thursday, January 12, 2017

Day 6: Let's Say Cafe

My feet hurt from the past few days sightseeing (specifically the web of my toes where those donated flip-flops attached to my feet), so today was spent once again in a cafe. This time at a new 24-hour cafe, Let's Say Cafe.


I made some more progress on my courses while nourishing myself with coffee and omelettes.

Please ignore the list of Pokémon on my scratch paper
I find most days I'm spending around $20 (Today I spent $21.5, including accommodation and ATM fee), but I'm by no means being very frugal. A meal consisting of street food will cost around 50 baht, whereas I'm not shy to drop 150 baht on (for example) an omelette and a coffee in a cafe, or a 50 baht taxi ride to the BTS station. But, when you factor in other expenses like hygiene items, clothes, plane tickets, insurance, ATM fees, the occasional movie or fancy dinner, and maybe even some surprise expenses, traveling around SE Asia can cost closer to $35-40+ a day depending on how fast and luxuriously you want to travel. Slower traveling is generally cheaper per day whereas faster traveling can allow you to cover more ground. Which is right for you depends on your preferences and your specific balance of time to money. And of course, disclaimer, this is only my 6th day abroad, and I have yet to leave Bangkok. So take this "insight" for what you will.

I can see the twice-weekly market outside my dorm room window and lightning flashing far away to the northeast.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment