Friday, February 3, 2017

Days 25 and 26: Krabi Town

For a change in scenery and to be closer to the airport for my 08:30 flight on Day 33, I checked out of Bananas Bungalows and into Best Time Hostel in the heart of Krabi Town. Once again, it decided to dump rain on me while I was in transit to the hostel. I boarded the local songthaew that left from Ao Tha Bay, but when the driver realized I would be the only passenger into town (and that he was driving through a downpour in a vehicle with no windshield wipers), we transferred to his personal vehicle 5 minutes into the journey. As a result, I ended up offering to pay five times as much as the songthaew's supposed 100 baht fare, but it was still cheaper than a taxi.

I spent the rest of the day in Thailand's biggest indigenous coffee chain, Black Canyon Coffee. There were plenty of outlets, but they were all behind a half wall and across a hallway from the seating area -- meaning whatever you plugged in would clothesline any passerbys. There was a girl there that had brought her own power strip just to circumvent the problem.

Day 32 was spent cafe hopping around Krabi (can you tell that there was nothing left I wanted to do?). After taking a post-lunchtime walk through Chaofah and Thara Park and back again I ended up in Ar-ma Bistro and Cafe. 


This place has a really nice atmosphere and facilities (and great food and coffee!), but from the time I arrived until the time I departed five hours later, they did not get a single customer. And they were still three hours away from closing time! I felt bad for the employees (who I assume are also the owners), considering how much I liked the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment