Friday, February 10, 2017

Day 34: Bus to Singapore

I knew how to get to the bus station and how much I should pay for a ticket, but that was the extent of my preparations for the 5-hour bus ride. I bought a ticket at the counter for a bus from BTS station to Singapore that was to leave in 30 minutes (I paid 45Rm, or $10) and spent the ride over catching up on blog posts and making progress in my classes.

The ride turned out to be closer to 8 hours after the long slog through Singaporean customs and Google Maps giving me an incorrect location for the hostel (!). The hostel is extremely confusing to get to. The name is listed as "Green Kiwi Backpackers Hostel", but to find the place you need to ignore the location of that search term in Google Maps, search directly for the address listed on hostelworld.com, then enter a building called "Rucksack-Inn", where you'll see the hostel's full name written on a black board "Rucksack-Inn and Green Kiwi". The hostel itself is a bit out of the way, but near an MRT station that will take you into town. My wallet was hurting after paying an exorbitant 9.85 USD for my dinner at a nearby food court.

No comments:

Post a Comment