Sunday, February 5, 2017

Day 29: Low Yat Plaza

Malaysia has a different plug type (Type G) than America (Type A and B), so I went out to get an adapter to charge my electronics. My first stop was a huge 7-floor building called Low Yat Plaza -- nearby the Paragon Shopping Center -- that exclusively sells electronics. I told myself that 40Rm (a bit less than $10) would be a reasonable price for an adapter, but was pleasantly surprised to find a universal adapter that also included the plug type used in Indonesia for exactly Rm40. It even came with a small travel bag. Score!

I proceeded to go cafe hopping around the Bukit Bintang shopping area. I discovered yet another shopping mall in the area, this one possibly the largest of any I had yet seen. Berjaya Times Square is so large that not only does it house an indoor roller coaster and theme park, but halfway up its 13-floor structure is a suicide net.

A glimpse of the indoor roller coaster in a quieter than usual area of Berjaya Times Square
After setting up at another cafe for the evening, trying to walk home, realizing I was walking the opposite direction of where I wanted to go, and taking a taxi home instead, I arrived back at the hostel around 20:00. The next 7 hours were spent expelling from my stomach the spoilt milk that had been put in my blended drink at the last cafe I visited. It was not a fun night. (I'm typing this now from bed at 12:00 the next day, and feel much better, minus a few achy muscles).

No comments:

Post a Comment