Friday, February 24, 2017

Day 47: Sacred Monkey Forest

After enjoying this lovely view from the hostels 3rd-floor balcony with my breakfast:


I walked a half block to the nearby sacred monkey forest.

 

It's nice walking through the forest, and at any given moment there are usually half a dozen or so Balinese long-tailed macaques within your vicinity. Lacking both bags and bananas, the monkeys were mostly indifferent to me. At one point I stopped and aroused the suspicions of a group of monkeys, who started climbing me, searching inside my shirt and in my hair for food. It was funny at the time, but also kind of scary!

The walkway through the forest
Later that day I went to the salon for a haircut. While I very much paid tourist prices, a hair cut and wash with a temple and scalp massage only cost me $11, two thirds the price of a regular haircut at Supercuts back in the states. It's going to be really hard going back home and paying $15+ for a measly haircut.

The rest of the day I spent in cafes and at the hostel, out of the heat, trying to keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment