Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 13: Riding my Bicycle

Naturally, I still felt tipsy and disoriented when I woke up the next day around noon. I went out to breakfast at El Terrible Juan Cafe with a girl from South Africa who had gone out with us last night. Returning to the hostel, it didn't take me long to lie back down in bed and sip on water until the afternoon.

I decided what would do me some good would be to expend some energy, so I took out a bicycle that the hostel provides for free to guests and rode it east, down the separated bike lane along Calle Manuel Lopez Cotilla. I made it to a quaint park, Parque Revolución, where I stopped to sit and enjoy my surroundings.


The "dedicated bike lane" that Google claims to continue to run down Av. Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla definitely does not exist, and I didn't feel like trying my luck all the way down to the city center, so I rode down to Av. de la Paz and over to La Cafétaria for dinner.

After dinner I rode back to the hostel to pack my things and tried to suppress the Friday night festivities and get some sleep. Luckily, the rain outside the dorm room windows drowned out most of the noise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment