Monday, July 10, 2017

Day 181: In Baltimore

The next morning another aunt and uncle pair, Matthew and Phyllis, picked me up at noon to take me to Ellicott City for sandwiches and coffee.


The city is beautiful and visibly historic, and the cafe we went to looked so cozy with its courtyard full of tables. There was very loud live music there, making hearing anyone sitting across the table from you difficult. Of all possible times and places, I could not think of a more inappropriate moment to host a live rock concert than Sunday morning/afternoon at a cafe with a small courtyard. The absolute perfect venue for socializing, drinking coffee, reading the paper or a book, and the cafe thought what we needed was a bloody rock concert.

The food was good, but we left rather quickly after finishing our meals.

Ellicott City is filled with all kinds of knick-knack shops, and I had a good time exploring a few of them while hearing about the history of the town from my aunt and uncle. Returning to my cousin's place in the afternoon, I spent the rest of the day relaxing on the sofa while rays of sun filtered through the front windows. The house wasn't close to anything interesting, giving me the perfect excuse to lounge around all day while packing away my things for tomorrow's flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment