Thursday, July 6, 2017

Day 175: Reading in the Park

After taking tally of the remaining sights I wanted to see, I found there wasn't much left on my list. I considered going to MoMA, but it's relatively cheap $14 student tickets and renown couldn't top my historical lackluster experience at art museums, often finding myself way out of my element and over my head to fully appreciate whatever I'm looking at.

What I did find more appealing was stopping at a used bookstore to pick up a copy of Gulliver's Travels for $5, finding a shady bench in Union Square Park, and sipping on a Slurpee from 7-11.


And that's exactly what I did.

In the late afternoon, the day's sun and heat turned into storm clouds and wind. I took the metro back to the hostel before things got any hairier.

No comments:

Post a Comment