Monday, July 10, 2017

Day 178-180: In Lancaster, To Baltimore

The next few days I would eat better than I ever had in my six months of traveling. Every new aunt-uncle pair that came down to Lancaster to see me would take Grandma and myself out to a fine dining establishment and I would gorge myself on delicious food and drink. When I wasn't eating, you could find me lying supine in a recliner or sleeping in my own queen-sized bed. I think so much food and rest confused my body, and I spent most of my days in a soporific state.

When it was finally time to leave for Baltimore, I was loath to go -- but it had to be done if I ever wanted to get back to the west coast of the country. My uncle, Rich, was kind enough to drive me 40 minutes to York, where I snatched one of the last remaining tickets to Baltimore.

The ride went quickly enough, and at the bus terminal in Baltimore my cousin, Kelsey, picked me up and took me back to her place, which she shared with her boyfriend.

That night we went out to Fells Point, one of Baltimore's most happening areas of town (according to my cousin).


We met up with a few of my cousin's friends and went bar hopping. I can better appreciate the bars typically closing at 2am in the US, since a night out in Europe often entails staying up until four in the morning or later.

I look unnaturally out of place and tan in this photo

No comments:

Post a Comment